I learned a few things this week about silence and how it is most effective for me. These thoughts are in the order they came to me throughout the week:
- Silence is difficult to come by! Plan it into the day or it will not happen.
- My biggest obstacle: my own mindset. “I don’t have time for this!”
- Close your eyes and set a timer; do not look at the clock.
- My typical thoughts during silence: my to-do list, my writing and memories that seemingly crept out of nowhere.
- For most effective mindful silence, concentrate on breathing.
- Five minutes really isn’t long enough. This week I think I’ll make it seven…
Who knew I’d begin to crave this time? Wow.